Friday, October 9, 2009

A new toy for the old boy.










So I went and bought a small band saw mill about a month ago and have been sawing a little now and then.




I will see if I can put a pic on here for you to see ok.






You maybe can't see it very clearly but for now this is the best I can do so live with it k.






I took a couple of pictures so will see if I can put another on for just you since you are very important to me right ho hum.





THis is from the other angle and you can see the carriage that has the engine on it and this whole carriage moves along as the band saw blade saws through the wood at what ever thickness you set it at and then you have a board or what ever you want.



This is some of the lumber that I have sawed out thus far there are some 2x10's on top as you can see and a few 2x4's there at the bottom for you to view on the mill there is a piece of spruce that I sawed out to show a friend this afternoon I left it at 6x8 a nd will likely saw it into 2x6's in the morning.


This is what I was doing this morning this is a mare that is here for me to get going for a fellow that wants her so he can do some farm work with her so I am working with her almost everyday.

So I am managing to keep busy most of the time.

Labels:

1 Comments:

At October 14, 2009 at 5:47 AM , Blogger Bob said...

Oh ANGUS! That looks like such fun.
Man this sucks that I'm so far away!

I mean the saw mill part, not the "getting dragged around behind a horse part", since the view can't be all that pretty.

I'm trying to figure out what make it is, and I understand completely why the pics are so small, but my eyesight ain't that good.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home