Friday, October 30, 2009

Today at the Ponderosa






I will endevour to fill you in on the happenings here today.



Well first of all the sun came up before me and that is just alright with me.



I went to the woods an cut a tree that was about 24 inches at the but now you see that is a small but for a lady but for a but of a tree it is a good size.



Here is a pic of it coming through the driveway behind the tractor when Mary took a pic of me bringing it out of the woods.



That is just the bottom of the tree as I couldn't bring the whole tree out because one of the turns in the road back in the woods wouldn't allow the tree to go around so had to cut the top off with the chain saw in order to get it to come around the turn in the road.


Here are some of the boards that I got from the tree when I cut about 10 feet off the end of the log.

In the pic you can see the large pieces that I had to cut off the end of the log after I had put it on the mill because the end of the log was red hearted and that doesn't make for very good lumber so it is best to just cut that off and make fire wood of it.


Here is another pic of the mill and the log that I sawed today now if you look you can see a feed bag on the side of the mill and I thought that I would see if I could catch some of the saw dust that the mill produces and bag it up and sell it to prospective buyers.

So that is my story and I'm sticking to it so there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home