Wednesday, May 6, 2009

A week and a half

Hi.
It has been a week and a half since I put anything in here so I Guess it must be about time you see I have been busy trying to get a couple of fields ready to plant and I did get the meadow done.
Now you see I call this small field the meadow because Grampa Nixon had a meadow so I wanted a meadow you know the sheep are in the meadow and the cows are in the corn now if you think about that little rhyme neither case is a good scenerio because they are eating up the winter food.
Anyway that's enough explaining nursery rhymes right.
I seeded the meadow down with grass seed as it turned out really good you see I got stuck there last week and it ended up that it is really smooth and I got it rolled down so I am very pleased with how it turned out.
That was yesterday morning and in the aft I got over 75% of the other field with the tractor and the harrows I did get stuck once but got myself out.
All I do is unhook and drive ahead if I can with the tractor then with a long chain rehook to the harrows and pull them ahead to dry ground and rehook and off I go again sometimes it is that easy other times it isn't so easy.
I will get the shoes on the mares and do the wet spots with them as they don't get stuck now you might be wondering why doesn't he just do all of it with the mares and here is my reasoning on that.
First this is very hard work for horses and so I am trying to get as much done with the tractor first then finish the wet spots with the mares see.
Hope I am not boring you too much so far.
It is raining today so that will slow me down aconsiderable amount.
I have some things to do in the barn anyway so the will keep me busy for today it os good to have something to do right and all the while wishing that we didn't have so much to do it is just human nature I guess.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home